Whether you’re a fan of guns or not, I think we can all agree that some companies advertise them in strange and inappropriate ways.
This is especially true when it comes to advertisements that were created decades ago. Sure, they seem to mean well and they’re from an entirely different time period, but they still come across as slightly (or completely) crazy.
The following vintage ads are shining examples of this, because they perfectly demonstrate how not to sell firearms.
1. So basically, you should try everything possible to set off your gun.
2. Wait a second — are you saying that wives are dangerous if they aren’t armed?
3. I’m totally reassured that “Papa says it won’t hurt us.” NOT.
4. Because shooting in the house is such a great idea.
5. You can’t expect to get a girlfriend if you don’t have a gun.
6. Well, that escalated quickly.
7. If I ever have a son, I’ll definitely know how to “start him right!”
8. Add one air rifle and shake for instant manliness.
9. I always bring one on my vacations for this exact reason.
10. And it’s a gun?
11. Well, I guess it’s him, because he’s the one holding it.
12. I’m already having a blast just looking at this.
13. Nothing will bring your family closer than a bunch of Daisy rifles.
14. That’s a great way to accidentally shoot your husband.
15. What are you trying to do, make everyone afraid of Santa?
16. What could possibly go wrong?
17. Everyone knows that guns are the only way you can settle an argument.
Could you imagine some of these appearing in today’s newspapers and magazines? Me neither.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/vintage-gun-ads/